the stigma around eating disorders

this topic has been a difficult one for me to write about because i’m passionate about breaking those stigmas and stereotypes as they are so frustrating to me, because breaking down those stigmas could be the difference between life or death, and i want people to realise that.


when the thought of me having an eating disorder came into my head, I didn't believe it, I was adamant that I didn't, I thought to myself, I eat, yes not as much as other people do, but I eat, three meals a day, normal amounts,,I thought that because originally  I believed In stigmas around eating disorders and that people, who had one looked extremely skinny and didn't eat at all, but now I realise that that is no where near the truth. knowing the truth is important because if I knew the truth all those months ago maybe I would have realised that what I was doing was wrong, that it was dangerous, maybe when I got diagnosed I wouldn't of been in denial and prevented my recovery. maybe none of this would of happened.

that is why I believe it is so important that we break these stigmas, and why I'm writing this blog, because if I read something like this and truly knew the signs of an eating disorder my life would be very different. so for me my eating disorder started with me making my meals healthier, then smaller, then having nothing in-between and not one bit of that was me going through a day eating nothing, none one bit of that made me think I had an eating disorder.

im not saying its gonna be the same for everyone because peoples  anorexia, bullies them in many different ways, but let me tell you this don't wait for them to stop eating completely for you to notice because it may be too late by then. I wish to god that someone  would of noticed mine because, having a eating disorder is one of the toughest things I've had to fight and still am and I've had to fight a lot in my life.

some signs of an eating disorder are:
> watching the calorie/sugar/fat intake etc
> refusal to eat certain foods
>making smaller portions
> feeling cold
> sleep problems
> visable weight loss
> uncomfortable eating around peopel
> looking at body in mirror

and many many more....



I could go on and on about this because I cannot stress enough how important it is to not listen to the stigmas and stereotypes but to notice and ask if their okay because it always starts with the little things...


thank you for reading my blog as always, I would love for you to share this blog by using the hashtag #Anniestigmas as together we can share the word not to listen to the stigmas but to open our eyes and notice the little things that will make a huge difference to someone's life.

 remember to follow me on Instagram as my dms are always open!

insta: @anniecpandme

Lydia x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

welcome!!!

motivations to keep going