the cp word...

cerebral palsy. what does everyone think when they hear the word cerebral palsy they probably think wheel chairs, but that’s what frustrates me because to me someone with a disability is just someone who struggles more with things, but doesn’ give up, just needs to try a bit harder, fight a bit harder but gets the same goal as everyone else, the goal sometimes could mean a lot more because of that little bit harder they have to fight! 

my aim with this blog is to break down the stereotypes that go along with having cerebral palsy or having a disability in general, i want us all to be treated the same but also for people to see the differences and the fights we have to go through and to acknowledge them as amazing not odd, not weird but amazing! 

my aim is that i want you all to next time you see someone in a wheelchair is to not stare, not cross the road, not point but to smile, start a conversation or just act normal, because i believe that’s all people with disabilities want is to be treated the same, but also i want you all to admire them because to me i’m amazed at what some people with cerebral palsy can really do, they defy the odds they really do, for example people with cp are sometimes told they won’t be able to walk yet they do! and they do it smiling, the determination blows my mind!  and that to me is amazing, i believe that even if you aren’t disabled you should still have some of that determined mindset because that is what will really help you through life! 

thanks for reading my blogs once again i’m so thankful, but i’m not sure if i should do this once a week or twice as with school and life, so please let me know, i’m also struggling on what to right about for my cp blogs so if you could either dm me or leave a comment, i would appreciate that :) 

lydia x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

welcome!!!

motivations to keep going

the stigma around eating disorders