the operation

So on the 8th of january 2015 it was time for me to have a major operation, safe to say i was  nervous. safe to say i wasn’t the easy patient going in because i’ve always been scared of hospitals and in that day all i thought was i’m going under and won’t be out of here for six while weeks!

So after a lot of tears I went under, the operation took around 4 hours, the operation took place in order to stretch my leg muscles and put metal in my hips to make my knee a little more straight when I walk and not so much on my toes as much, I even got a little Botox in my calf (I know call me Kim k). the first thing I remember seeing when I woke up was my mum next to me lying on a bed because apparently she fainted because I look grey/green (lol), the second thing I remember is a doctor giving me a certificate, and then the third thing I remember and the scariest of them all is not being able to feel my legs.

Then that was it the start of the six weeks of hard work to basically build the strength back up in my legs and learn to walk again, for the first 2 weeks I lay in bed. however every now and then the nurses would have to move me and no word of a lie it was the worst pain I've ever experienced (and I broke my arm!!) id get a spasm time pain all up my legs, and to this day I can still recall what it felt like. then after that the hard work started, I would do physio every day and then the 3rd week in is when I started to learn how to walk. first we started on the bars wearing leg splints, then moved onto the walking frame (which when I went home for a night that was interesting…very big frame small doors) then the tripods and finally the sticks. The learning how to walk was the hardest and most frustrating thing for me.

Apart from learning how to walk, I did other thing too like stretchers, building up muscle exercises, but my favourite thing was the hydro pool!!. got to say while i was in the hospital I wasn't the easiest patient to deal with, I user to get frustrated a lot and take it out on people around me, I think that's because I'm a very head strong type of girl and it upsets me when I cant do something.  however said that I am so thankful for all the nurses and physios who helped me along the way, and also to my friends and  family I don't think I could of done it without you all!!

From that day I hate hospitals and probably wouldn't go voluntarily for an operation, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't, if its going to change or improve your life GO FOR IT!! you may regret it.

thank you for reading my blog and remember SHARE TALK AND SMILE to help yourself and to help others!

Lydia x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

welcome!!!

motivations to keep going

the stigma around eating disorders